Indoor Climbing Courses at Reading
As one of the fastest growing sports in the UK, climbing is something you should definitely try once in your lifetime. Be careful though, It’s extremely addictive. Done correctly, climbing is a safe activity plus a great way to get in shape. Many people would love to give climbing a go but refrain from doing so for fear of embarrassing themselves in front of their more experienced peers. In reality, climbers are incredibly welcoming to newcomers and you’ll very quickly feel like a member of this rapidly expanding community.
Fitways Adventures are able to offer introductory climbing courses both indoors and outside on real rock. All of our published courses are ideal for complete beginners as well as individuals who can climb but would like to refresh their skills. Our outdoor courses will give you a great opportunity to experience what it’s like to climb on real rock.
Held on Thursday afternoons
Max team size:
Experience required: Our climbing courses are ideal for beginners, so everyone’s welcome to come along, for us climbing’s all about fun. We also run ladies only events and kids parties – Contact us for details.
What the Course Covers
- Safety Briefing
- Warm up
- Climbing grades
- Tying into the rope
- Belaying techniques – how to hold falls and lowering
- Coaching of climbing techniques including balance and footwork
- Effective communication
- Introduction to Bouldering
- What next – lead climbing, climbing outdoors
We also run kids parties for ages 6 upwards, please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
We can also run ladies only groups, please get in touch with us for more details.
- A warm welcome
- Entry into Reading Climbing Centre
- Equipment – Harness, Helmets & chalk & Belay devices
- Expert tuition from a qualified and fully insured Climbing Instructor
- Lots of climbing
- A maximum client to instructor ratio of 1:6
- Travel if you live en-route from Maidenhead to Reading
Reading Climbing Centre
Unit 33 Robert Cort Industrial Estate
Tel: 0118 975 6298 (This is the reception number for Reading Climbing Centre)
Tel: 07591076066 (This will put you through to your course leader)
When you arrive, go into reception and ask for the Fitways Adventures climbing instructor.
What To Bring
- Trainers or sports shoes (clean) – no boots or outdoor footwear
- Sports clothing that allows easy movement. There is no heating at Reading wall, so ensure you bring long bottoms and a warm top such as a fleece
- Bottle of water
- Please remove all rings and body piercings prior to the start of the course
Note: There are basic changing facilities at Reading Climbing wall and a café where you can purchase food and drink.